Skip to content
left end
left end
right end

Contacting us

Please contact the Trust switchboard and ask for the team you need: 0117 923 0000

We know it is important for our patients to keep in contact with family and friends and we will support them where possible to make use of any telephone or video calls so they can keep in contact with their loved ones.

If you need to call a ward for an update on your loved one, please remember that our ward staff are busy and may not be able to answer the phone immediately. Please bear with us and call back later if it isn't urgent.

You can also help our staff by nominating a relative to call the ward to share updates with other members of your family.

To contact any of the wards within the Bristol Heart Institute, please use the following numbers:

CICU Cardiac Intensive Care C604: 0117 342 5941
HDU High Dependency Unit: 0117 342 0330
CCU Coronary Care Unit C603: 0117 342 6528

Ward C705 Cardiology / Cardiac Surgery: 0117 342 6551 or 0117 3426651
Ward C708 Cardiac Surgery:  0117 342 6552 or 0117 3426652
Ward C805 Cardiology:  0117 342 6553 or 0117 3426653
Ward C808 Respiratory:  0117 342 6554

Cardiac matrons can be contacted on: 0117 342 6619

You can also write to us at: 

The Bristol Heart Institute
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust
Bristol Royal Infirmary

View a map of the hospital and surrounding area

Click here to view inside BHI

There is no parking available at the Bristol Heart Institute. There is limited on-street parking nearby and a multi-storey car park about 10 minutes walk away in Park Row (Trenchard Street). Access is via Horfield Road, off St Michael's Hill. Take the turning into the Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre car park, then bear left and walk down the slope. The Bristol Heart Institute will be straight in front of you; follow the road around to the right and the entrance will be immediately on your left.

Find out more information about travelling to our hospitals.


As well as providing clinical care, our Trust has an important role in research. This allows us to discover new and improved ways of treating patients. While under our care, you or your child may be invited to take part in research. To find out more and for contact details of the Research and Innovation department, please visit our website.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and Complaints Team

What can I do if I have a complaint about my treatment, or treatment of a relative?

In the first instance please raise this with a member of staff in the hospital who is providing care to the patient. They should be able to resolve this directly with you or find someone to help you. If you feel you need to raise the issue further, please contact us the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and Complaints Team.