Skip to content
left end
left end
right end

Young Carers

If you are a young person involved in caring for a parent or sibling who has a physical or mental health need, disability or substance misuse problem then you may be a young carer. You might have to take on responsibilities that an adult may usually have including practical tasks or supporting them emotionally.

If you want to find out more about being a young carer then lots more information can be found on NHS Choices which you can access here.

As a young carer you might find this has an impact on your life including school or college, socialising with friends and how you feel emotionally. We know that it is important to make sure that you are supported when you access our services. If you have to come to hospital either with the person you care for or as a patient yourself, then you can contact the Young Persons Involvement Worker on 01173428158 or 07582586789.  They can provide support, information and be an advocate for you and the person you care for.