Things to think about
Friends and family are important. Sometimes having a health condition can impact on these relationships both in good and bad ways. There might be ways that your condition has impact on these relationships already or you might be worried about how it might if you tell them.
It could be helpful to think about some of the following questions. Maybe you are already thinking about some of these things but reading them through might help you decide if you need more help or information.
Questions about your family and friends
- How do I tell my friends about my diagnosis?
- I want to talk to my family and friends but I don't want to worry people, how much do I tell them?
- What if they don't understand?
- If I don't see my friends as much as I used to will I lose touch with them?
- How do I make contact with other young people with my condition?
- What support is out there to help my family and friends?
- How will condition affect my relationship with my boyfriend or girlfriend?