What to do once your funding is awarded
For grants submitted through UH Bristol:
- For NIHR grants if successful, you will usually be sent a
provisional award by email, and then have to answer some queries
from reviewers or finance.
- Other funders may also do this, or for smaller awards you may
just get a yes/no.
- Please let R&I know the decision as soon as you have
- Contracts need to be set up between the funder and UH Bristol -
we can help with this.
- There are standard contracts available from some funders, but
new ones will need to be reviewed by UH Bristol's legal department.
This will be managed by UH Bristol R&I, so please liaise with
your R&I contact or the research grants manager in order to set
- Contracts need to be signed by either R&I (for NIHR grants)
or your divisional manager or finance manager for other awards; if
you are unsure pelase contact R&I.
- Contracts should not be signed by the Principal
- Often subcontracts (agreements) will need to be set up between
UH Bristol and other organisations participating in the
- The contract is legally binding, and by signing we agree that
we have the resources at UH Bristol to deliver the study, and that
all necessary approvals are or will be in place. We will check this
during the sponsorship process.
Go to the
"setting up a study" page