Preparing your funding application
You will need to decide who to apply to for funding. Often this
changes depending on the funders remit, the cost of what you want
- Allow plenty of time
- Build the right team
- Contact R&I and Finance early on (at least 2
months before the deadline)
- Methodological help is available for many grants
- Write your ideas down on paper
- Discuss with colleagues
- You should not be the only person to have read your application
- you co-applicants shoudl input into the development, and it is
also helpful to have an outside colleague read it, as well as your
- Funding applications are complex. If you've never done one
before seek advice from someone who has.
We can direct you to appropriate help for preparing grant
applications, and the application should include provision for the
necessary statistical or other methodological support.
Contact the UH Bristol Research Grants Manager early in the
process: Dr Elinor Griffiths: email@example.com
or call 0117 34 20585
We have developed a template that may help focus your ideas.
Bristol and Above & Beyond small grants schemes are also
good starting places and cover much of the information you will
need for other types of application.
Methodological advice and help writing the application
including workshops and training