Skip to content
left end
left end
right end

Getting involved in research at UH Bristol

UH Bristol is a research-active Trust, and as an employee of UH Bristol or one of its partner institutions there are several ways you can get involved in research:

  • Apply for funding to carry out your own research, either with yourself as chief investigator or asking a senior colleague to take on the role
  • Take part in national studies on the NIHR portfolio, which involves recruiting patients to a wide variety of clinical trials
  • As a post-graduate student or trainee (associated with a university)
  • As a Principal Investigator in Commercial research studies (funded by industry)
  • Collaborating with others at UH Bristol or other NHS or Higher Education Institutions to gain experience of clinical research

You also need to ensure that you have the relevant NHS ethical and R&D approval, and that the resources, including funding, are in place to carry out the research. 

The pages in this section give more information about research, but please contact us if you cannot find what you are looking for.