19 November 2015
Bristol shoppers to get Stay Well This Winter health advice
An NHS "Stay Well This Winter" roadshow is set to visit three
shopping centres in Bristol and South Gloucestershire week
commencing 23 November.
Shoppers will be offered expert advice on how to prepare against
the cold weather and ward off common winter illnesses so they do
not require a hospital visit.
The roadshow, part of the national Stay Well This
Winter campaign, will go to:
- Willow Brook Centre in Bradley Stoke on Tuesday 24th
- Kingschase shopping centre in Kingswood on Wednesday
25th and Thursday 26th November; and
- Clifton Down shopping centre on Friday 27th and
Saturday 28th November.
Staff will advise patients - particularly those over 65 or with
long-term conditions such as diabetes, stroke and heart diseases -
on key actions including:
- Warm: Keep your house warm this winter at least 18°C
- Immunisations: Get your flu vaccination;
- Neighbours: Keep an eye on elderly neighbours and
- Timely: Seek advice from a pharmacist at first sign of
- Enough:Pick up repeat prescriptions so you have enough while
pharmacies/surgeries are closed; and
- Restock: Make sure you have enough food and medicine in the
Shoppers will also be advised how to use new online GP services,
including booking appointments, ordering repeat prescriptions and
accessing medical records.
This week the campaign was backed by celebrities Alan Davies,
Joey Essex, Ainsley Harriott, Tina Hobley, Arlene Phillips, Sunetra
Sarker and Barbara Windsor who were photographed in their woollies
holding the letters W-I-N-T-E-R.
BACK TO NEWS